This Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe creates the perfect crust for your pizza. Deliciously soft on the inside and crisp on the outside, makes this the absolute best pizza recipe EVER!
What really makes the best pizza for you? Is it the crust, the sauce or the toppings? For me, it is the crust which creates the foundation of a great pizza.
I mean let's be honest here. Have you ever put your favorite sauce and toppings on a frozen shop-bought pizza crust, baked it and thought that it tasted just plain average? So don't waste your delicious toppings and sauce on a store-bought crust anymore.
This Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe has all the makings for the perfect pizza.
Way cheaper than the frozen store-bought crust, easy to make and so seriously delicious.
MAKING THE PIZZA DOUGH
- This dough requires basic ingredients, water, flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and oil. These ingredients are combined and kneaded together for about 8 to 10 minutes to form a smooth elastic dough
- It is then placed into an oiled bowl where it is left for 1 hour to double in size. Keep this bowl in a warm, draught-free place of your kitchen. At this point, the dough can also be refrigerated, if you are not using it on the same day.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down and divide it into 3 equal parts. Cover and let it rest for about 30 minutes to an hour. I usually cover and leave the dough to rest for an hour before pressing into a pizza pan. The dough is so much more pliable and does not spring back as you shape it. I find that a great advantage, especially if you prefer a thinner, crispier crust.
- Sprinkle a bit of polenta or semolina on your baking sheet. Place a portion of the dough on the sheet and press out the dough depending on how thick or thin you prefer the crust.
- Remember that as it bakes it will still rise in the oven, so give consideration to that fact as well when pressing out the dough.
- I am using a 12 inch / 30cm pan for this recipe. I pressed out one of the dough portions to an 8 inch / 20cm circle. As it baked, it turned out to be a very thick crust...more like a deep pan pizza. The other 2 portions were pressed out to the full 30 cm, filling the entire pan and I found that This 12 inch / 30cm size to be the perfect thickness for the pizza. But that was according to my taste and preference...make it to whatever suits you.
- Spread on your favorite sauce or go ahead and try out the easy and delicious sauce I am sharing with you in this recipe. Add your cheese and other toppings you prefer. I love a basic 3 cheese pizza, with mozzarella, cheddar, and parmesan. A few tomatoes and basil leaves make it so good.
GARLIC BUTTER You can either brush a bit of the garlic butter on the crust before adding the sauce or do what I love to do… brush the edges of the crust with the garlic butter and then gently brush over the cheese with the butter as well. Just a light brushing makes a world of difference to the overall taste of your pizza.
- Bake in at 190° C / 374°F for 15 minutes. Remove for the oven and leave for about 3 minutes before slicing. This allows the cheese to set on the pizza so that it does not fall off as you slice into it.
This Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe is guaranteed to make you strike out the frozen pizza crust from your grocery list FOREVER!
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out my other amazing pizza recipes
Still hungry for more?