This Easy 10 minute Pizza Dough ( No Rise No Knead) is so quick to prepare, making it perfect for a busy weekday dinner.
I really enjoy making my own bread and baking with yeast, and you can see all my bread recipes right here. There are times however, on busy days or just a lazy day when I want to make a pizza, but don't want to go through with the kneading or waiting an hour for the dough to rise.
Then this amazing recipe comes to the rescue, and the pizzas are ready and baked in under 30 minutes.
This is such a great recipe, especially if you are new at baking with yeast. It is so easy. The dough is made with basic ingredients, flour, salt, sugar yeast and oil.
The ingredients are just added in one bowl, mixed to form a soft dough, left to rest for 10 minutes and then rolled out.
Whenever I bake any type of bread, the only type of yeast which I use, is instant / fast-acting yeast. This type of yeast is added directly into the dry ingredients and does not need to be dissolved in water.
I find it so much quicker and convenient, with the end result being exactly the same as active dry yeast ( this is the type which needs to be dissolved in water and left to froth for 5 minutes)
There are a few tips for making this dough to always guarantee success
The liquid which you add to the dry ingredients should be warm, Not hot and Not cold, just lukewarm. If you are using a thermometer to check the liquid temperature, it should read at 110°F / 32°C
Allow the mixed dough to rest in a warm place for 10 minutes, this makes it easier to roll out.
Using polenta or semolina on the baking sheet ensures that the baked pizza does not stick to the tray. It also keeps the bottom of the pizza dry and prevents sogginess, and it gives a great taste to the baked pizza. If you do not have polenta or semolina, then using paper towel just use wipe the baking pan with a little oil or dust with flour to prevent sticking.
The oven should be preheated to the correct temperature and hot before putting the pizza inside. The perfect heat creates the best crust and perfectly melted cheese.
Now that you have these easy tips to create a delicious pizza, let me show you just how easy it is to make.
MAKING THE EASY 10 MINUTE PIZZA
Start by warming the water in the microwave or kettle. It should not be boiling, just lukewarm. Add in the oil and mix.
In a large bowl, sift in the all-purpose / cake flour. Add in the instant / fast-acting yeast, sugar and salt and stir to combine.
Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the warm water and oil mixture.
Using a spoon or your hands, just mix together, to form a soft dough. Do not knead the dough, just gather it together until it is well combined and soft.
Leave covered to rest for 10 minutes. During this time, I usually prepare the toppings and sauce for the pizza. You can use bottled pizza sauce, make your own, or try out my favourite pizza sauce recipe. The pizza sauce recipe is included in the recipe card below.
After 10 minutes, divide the dough in half and roll out each piece to about 12 - inch / 30 cm diameter with a ½ inch / 1 ½ cm thickness. Make a tiny fold on the edge and pinch it down.
Spread with a sauce of your choice and toppings which you prefer.
And here you have it. A delicious and super easy to make pizza, baked and ready to eat in under 30 minutes.
Easy 10 minute Pizza Dough ( No Rise No Knead)
FOR THE PIZZA DOUGH
- 1 Tablespoon / 10g instant dry / fast acting yeast
- 1 Tablespoon / 12g sugar
- 1 ½ cups / 375 ml warm water 110°F / 32°C
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons / 30ml oil
- 4 cups / 480g all purpose / cake flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cornmeal / polenta or semolina for dusting baking trays.
FOR THE PIZZA SAUCE
- 2 teaspoons / 10 ml oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small red or green bell pepper diced
- 1 can diced or pureed tomatoes or 3 tomatoes peeled and finely chopped or blended until smooth
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs use your favourite mix SEE NOTE 1
- Salt to taste
MAKING THE PIZZA DOUGH
- Start by warming the water in the microwave or kettle. It should not be boiling, just lukewarm. ( 110°F / 32°C) Add the oil into the warm water and mix together.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the warm water and oil mixture.
- Using a spoon or your hands, just mix together, to form a soft dough. Do not knead the dough, just gather it together until it is well combined and soft.
- Leave covered to rest for 10 minutes. During this time, prepare the toppings and sauce for the pizza
- After 10 minutes, divide the dough in half and roll out each piece to about 12 inches / 30 cm diameter with a ½ inch / 1 ½ cm thickness. Make a tiny fold on the edge and pinch it down.
- Spread with a sauce and toppings of your choice or use the sauce in this recipe
- Bake in a preheated oven of 374°F / 190° C 10 to 15 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese has melted.
MAKING THE PIZZA SAUCE
- Pour the oil into a small saucepan and turn the stove on to medium heat. Add in the diced onions and chopped bell pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, and then add in the rest of the pizza sauce ingredients. Let this mix simmer on the stove for 10 minutes until reduced and thickened. Spread over pressed pizza dough and add grated cheese and toppings of your choice.
- Use any combination of dried or fresh herbs of your choice. Herbs which work well with pizza include dried or fresh basil, oregano, chives, garlic, rosemary and thyme.