Made in under 20 minutes these Easy Banana Fritters make the perfect snack or dessert. Super soft and fluffy on the inside and crispy golden brown on the outside make these irresistible bites of deliciousness.
Today I decided to use those overripe bananas sitting in the fruit bowl in something other than a delicious loaf of banana bread. The next delicious recipe that comes to mind is this really super easy banana fritters. Mixed in one bowl, fried and rolled in cinnamon sugar, a really quick and easy recipe.
You know, I love snacking on these fritters just warm and rolled in cinnamon sugar, it is so good, but give it a try served with vanilla ice cream and take these to a whole new level of deliciousness.
These easy banana fritters are just that, easy to make, and here are a few tips to guarantee perfection
- Do not overmix the batter. Just until combined is perfect. Overmixing will result in dense, heavy fritters.
- The best bananas to use in this recipe are the overripe ones. These give the fritters a sweeter taste and soft, fluffy texture.
- The oil should be at the correct temperature before frying. Too hot and it will burn the fritters and too cold you will end up will soggy, oily fritters. To test if the oil is at the right temperature, drop one teaspoonful of the batter into the oil. Cook for about a minute on each side. When you remove it from the oil, allow it to cool for a few seconds before breaking the fritter in half. It should have a soft, bread like texture on the inside and golden brown on the outside.
- Roll in the cinnamon sugar while still warm.
- These fritters are best eaten warm and on the same day that it has been prepared.
MAKING THE EASY BANANA FRITTERS
Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the sugar and mix in the mashed bananas to form a sticky batter.
Place the oil over medium heat and, when hot, drop in teaspoonfuls of the batter and fry until golden brown about one minute on each side.
Remove the fritters from the oil and drain on kitchen paper. Roll the fritters in the cinnamon sugar mixture before serving.
Served on their own or with ice cream, these easy banana fritters make one delectable dessert
Easy Banana Fritters
FOR THE BANANA FRITTERS
- 1 cup / 120g all purpose / cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- ⅓ cup / 60g brown or white granulated sugar
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- Vegetable oil for frying
FOR THE CINNAMON SUGAR
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup / 50g brown or white sugar
TO MAKE THE BANANA FRITTERS
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the sugar and mix in the mashed bananas to form a sticky batter.
- Place the oil over medium heat and, when hot, drop in teaspoonfuls of the batter and fry until golden brown about one minute on each side. SEE NOTE 1
- Remove the fritters from the oil and drain on kitchen paper. Roll the fritters in the cinnamon sugar mixture before serving.
TO MAKE THE CINNAMON SUGAR.
- Mix the cinnamon sugar ingredients together until well combined.