Impress mum with these Chocolate Mousse Mint Pots. They are super simple, super delicious and best of all, I got you covered if you don’t want to use the oven…… this is a NO BAKE dessert.
Aren’t home-made gifts the best,they made with so much of effort and love and so unique and well thought of. Being a mum of two boys myself, I have always appreciated, loved and cherished (and kept) every card, or gift that they have made for me. So make a homemade treat for your mum or someone special in your life, something that they will always remember and cherish.
These Chocolate Mousse Mint Pots is a treat guaranteed to always be remembered. It is mousse that is whipped and piped or spooned into a bowl or plastic potting pot. Make sure that the container or pot is clean and dry before using .Here I used a variety of different jars and bowls, to show you that it looks great in whatever you choose. Just use your imagination, but most of all have fun.
Making the Eggless Chocolate Mousse Mint Pots
This is one of the quickest dessert or treat which I have ever made . It takes about 5 minutes to whip up and about 30 minutes to set in the fridge. I mean can it get any easier …or better? I have also grated a bit of mint chocolate into the mousse. Just make sure that you pipe or spoon the mousse into the container you are going to serve it in straight after whipping it. If you don’t it gets a bit messy to put into the serving container and will be a bit lumpy. Then keep it in the fridge for about half an hour to set . Just before serving, crush a few biscuits/cookies and sprinkle over the set mousse. Here I used both the chocolate and vanilla flavored Oreo biscuits to give the” sand” a more gravel/pebble like look. Cut a fresh sprig of mint and stick it into the mousse to resemble a potted mint plant. Adorable, don’t you think.
Easy, delicious and so fun.
Chocolate Mousse Mint Pots
- 250 ml whipping cream
- 4 Tablespoons instant chocolate pudding OR Chocolate Fudge Instant Pudding Mix dry
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons mint chocolate grated optional
- 4 x Oreo biscuits crushed
- Sprigs of fresh mint
- Make the mousse by whipping together the cream, icing sugar and instant pudding until thickened, about 2 minutes with a hand held beater on medium speed.
- Grate in the mint chocolate.
- Either pipe or spoon the whipped mixture into individual pots / containers.
- Set in the fridge for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Crumble Oreo biscuits by placing in a ziplock bag and crushing with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle over the set mousse and place a sprig of fresh mint into the mousse.
- Serve cold.