Tired of flipping up a stack of pancakes? I got you covered with my easy to make Baked Pancake Donuts. With no yeast or rise time, you can have these delights on your breakfast table in under 20 minutes.
Chose your favorite toppings and serve as a simple or impressive special occasion breakfast. Get ready for a real treat because I would say your regular pancakes just got glorified!
The ingredients are super simple, nothing complicated here! (Scroll down to the end for the full printable recipe.)
Keep scrolling down to the recipe card for a list of FULL ingredient amounts and instructions or click the “Jump to Recipe” button at the top of the page
Tips for the perfect Baked Pancake Donuts
Don't overmix the batter: Mix batter until just combined, over mixing results in dense, donuts
Fill the batter in the donut pan just under ¾ full. This way, the donuts bake to the perfect thickness with better texture compared to thinner donuts.
Top with your favorite pancake or donut toppings: Suggestions
- melted chocolate
- Cinnamon sugar
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
Use a metal non stick donut pan for the best results.
Storage: These pancake donuts are best served warm and on the same day they have been prepared.
Recommended tools and ingredients
Use a metal non stick donut pan for the best results. This one is my favorite
Baked Pancake Donuts
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose or plain flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature see note 1
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons oil see note 2
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla and oil and combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Use non-stick cooking spray or grease a donut pan well.
- Fill the batter into the greased donut pan just under ¾ full. see note 3
- Bake in a preheated oven of 360° F (180° C) (standard) 320°F/160°C (fan / convection) for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overbake
- Cool in the pan for 2 minutes then remove donuts from pan and cool on rack.
- Decorate as preferred. See note 4
- If you store eggs in the refrigerator, get them to room temperature faster by placing them in a bowl of lukewarm water for 5 minutes.
- Canola, sunflower or melted coconut oil works perfectly for this recipe
- Fill the batter in the donut pan just under ¾ full. This way, the donuts bake to the perfect thickness with better texture compared to thinner donuts.
- Top with your favorite pancake or donut toppings: Suggestions: Glace, melted chocolate Cinnamon sugar, Maple syrup, Powdered sugar