Strawberries and Cream Chocolate Swiss Roll makes an absolutely decadent and stunning dessert. Fresh strawberries and cream cheese is spread onto a soft and moist chocolate cake. It is then rolled up to form a beautiful swiss roll
The cake is soft and moist...never dry and the filling for this recipe tastes and makes an extremely impressive dessert
Just follow these tips and ideas for perfect swiss roll always. This is also a great recipe, it really is flop proof.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT SWISS ROLL
1. Try not to overbake the sponge
2. Immediately after baking, turn out the cake,onto baking / parchment paper dusted with castor sugar
3. Remove the lining and trim off a bit of the stiff edges, which would cause it to crack during rolling.
4. Use the baking / parchment paper dusted with castor sugar to help you roll the cake up, while it is still hot, If the cake cools down, it will crack when you roll it up
5. Leave the rolled cake to cool completely in the parchment paper. I usually cover the parchment rolled swiss roll with a clean damp tea towel. I find that this keeps the sponge soft during the cooling process and makes it easier to re-roll it after it has cooled.
6. After it has cooled completely, unroll the sponge which will be slightly curved, so do not force it down, or it will crack. The curve will make rolling it back with the filling much easier.
7. Spread on the filling. Roll it up again.
I hope that you have as much fun with different frosting and fillings as I did. This is a really easy, quick cake to prepare, just follow the guidelines above and you can impress your guests, family and yourself with this gorgeous dessert.