The perfect alternative to a toasted sandwich, is my new favourite, Grilled Cheese, Corn and Sweet Pepper Quesadilla. It is absolutely scrumptious and makes a great snack or lunch.
February being the month of love , I am sharing the love of my favourite food, CHEESE of course....lots of gooey melted cheese with corn and sweet pepper sandwiched in crispy grilled tortillas.
Perfect with a spread of Easy Hummus
How to make this recipe
This filling is really simple to put together.
- Sweet red bell pepper is cooked with frozen or canned corn or you could use fresh corn as well. I put these two ingredients in the pan at the same time. It is cooked until the peppers are softened which takes about 8 minutes max.
- Spread a bit of hummus onto one side of the tortilla ,top with the cooked peppers, corn and mixed dried herbs. Then top with grated cheese.
- Cover with another tortilla,
- Divide into 4 pieces and grill on a hot pan. You can grill it before cutting but I find it easier to handle the smaller portions.
- This recipe makes the filling for just 1 or 2 servings, so adjust the amount according to the size of your tortilla servings.