You can't beat a classic recipe and these Coconut Butter cookies are no different. Uncomplicated, and quick to make, they're filled with nostalgic flavor.
Crisp, buttery and so addictive they are prepared with a few basic ingredients, ready in under 30 minutes. And that includes the baking time!
And the good news-It is not necessary to chill the dough or shaped cookies before baking. Because these cookies keep their shape and do not spread while baking.
Tips for making Coconut Butter cookies
Use Unsweetened Fine, Shredded (Desiccated) Coconut
I don't recommend using coconut flour. It's completely different than all purpose flour and cake and the recipe won't work the same.
Toasted or untoasted coconut
- You can either toast or use untoasted coconut for this recipe.
- I used untoasted coconut for these cookies. If you love toasted coconut, go ahead and toast the coconut for a few minutes in a dry skillet, then wait for it to cool before adding it to the batter.
- If toasting, make certain to watch and stir the coconut constantly to prevent burning.
Avoid over baking
Bake until just lightly browned. The cookies will be soft when removed from the oven but will crisp as they cool.
Use a silicone baking mat or parchment paper on your baking sheet.
- Don't place the cookies directly on a greased pan.
- Brushing your baking sheet with butter creates a greasy base, causing the cookies to spread.
- Use parchment paper or better still, a silicone baking mat.
- Silicone baking mat are really the best because they hold onto the bottom of the cookie dough, preventing the cookies from spreading too much. And promote even browning too.
Still hungry for more?