These Classic Vanilla Cupcakes are delicately light and fluffy and make a beautiful bake for any celebration. Topped with a swirl of buttercream, these are irresistibly delicious and so easy to make.
This is a great recipe if you are looking for a special occasion bake. It is elegant and beautiful in every way. From the gorgeous texture to the delicious taste. these cupcakes are truly amazing.
Topped with decadent chocolate buttercream, silky white buttercream or cream cheese frosting these cupcakes are sure to impress.
INGREDIENTS USED IN THE RECIPE
Flour: Use either cake or all-purpose flour
Butter: For best results, the butter should be at room temperature.
Sugar: White granulated sugar is used in this recipe.
Flavoring: I use a combination of vanilla and almond extract. The almond extract is optional, so feel free to leave it out if you do not have any or prefer not to use it.
Egg Whites: These should be at room temperature
The best part of this recipe is that you can always add your favorite flavor or topping to your preference. Here are a few great ideas if you would like to give it a try:
- Add lemon zest to the mixture for a tangy flavored bake.
- Decorate with fondant and beautiful sugar paste flowers for that special occasion.
- Top with swirls of buttercream and chocolate shavings or seasonal berries.
- Add a teaspoon of coffee dissolved in 1 Tablespoon of hot water. Mix this into the buttercream for a delicious mocha topping.
Tips for perfection
Ensure a perfect bake always with these tips
- Make sure that the eggs are at room temperature. Eggs at room temperature whip up to a greater volume and create a softer bake.
- The butter should be soft but not melting. If the butter is too soft, it becomes oily and this will result in heavy, dense textured cupcakes.
- Mix the batter just until all the ingredients have been combined. Over mixing will also cause a heavy and dense bake.
Making the Classic White Cupcakes
Line the cupcake pan with 12 liners and preheat the oven to 350°F ( 170°C)
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. Add almond extract as well if you prefer. Beat for about 1 minute until light and fluffy.
Add in the egg whites and beat for 2 minutes.
Combine the flour mixture into the butter mixture in thirds, alternating with the milk, until just incorporated and smooth.
Transfer the batter into the cupcake liners, filling each up to ⅔ full
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and leave in the pan to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
To Make the Buttercream
In a bowl, beat the butter for about 2 minutes until creamy.
Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat for 3 minutes on high until light and fluffy. Add cream or milk as needed to reach your preferred spreading or piping consistency.
Frost the cupcakes and top with additional sprinkles or decorate as you prefer.
Still hungry for more?