This 5 Minute Creamy Chocolate Pudding makes the perfect weekday dessert. Whisked together in one pot and left to cool and set in the fridge, this makes one amazing dessert.
If you have a dessert loving family like mine, then quick and easy desserts always a great idea. This is the one that I pull out of my recipe box quite often. Easy, quick and the most loved dessert in my home. Well now a chocolate dessert is always loved, isn’t that right.
What I really love about this 5 Minute Creamy Chocolate Pudding is that you can garnish it in so many beautiful and decorative ways. You can be as elaborate or as simple as you like and it will look and taste amazing. Grate a bit of chocolate, try a mint or caramel chocolate if you like. Add berries that are in season or just a dollop of whipped cream and a cherry.Wouldn’t that look beautiful now?
SEE HOW EASY IT IS TO MAKE THE 5 MINUTE CREAMY CHOCOLATE PUDDING
There are no elaborate ingredients or equipment used to make this pudding. It is simple ingredients and just a pot and a whisk is used. Corn starch / corn flour and all purpose flour is used to help thicken the pudding. The amount of sugar in the recipe can also be cut down, depending on how sweet you prefer this dessert.
The dry ingredients are simply mixed in a pot. Place the pot onto to the stove which has been turned on to medium heat. The milk is slowly added as you mix with a whisk. After a few minutes you will see it start to thicken. add in your chopped chocolate and cream and whisk to combine. Remove from the stove once the chocolate has melted. Pour into your serving bowls and place in the fridge until chilled and set. It will set well in about half an hour to an hour. Once the pudding has set you can garnish as you like.
This 5 Minute Creamy Chocolate Pudding is real keeper especially if you are limited for time and need to serve a delicious dessert. Creamy, smooth and chocolatey, give it a try….it is truly delectable.
5 Minute Creamy Chocolate Pudding
- 1 Tablespoon / 10g all purpose / cake flour
- 2 Tablespoon / 15g cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons / 20g corn flour / corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup /100g sugar SEE NOTE 1
- 2 cups / 500 ml milk SEE NOTE 2
- 3 Tablespoons / 45 ml whipping / heavy / fresh cream
- ⅓ cup / 50g dark chocolate finely chopped
- Garnish as you prefer
- Combine the cornflour / cornstarch sugar, cocoa, flour and salt in a pot.
- Place over medium heat and gradually add milk and whisk until well combined
- Cook stirring constantly, until pudding starts to bubble and thicken.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate and cream.
- turn off the heat after the chocolate melted
- Pour into your serving bowls.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. SEE NOTE 3