These 4 ingredients Condensed Milk Chocolate Cookies are a quick and easy bake. Made with just 4 basic ingredients to create an amazingly delicious cookie with a rich taste.
The dough can also be prepared and kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before baking, making this a convenient, time saver.
I love quick and easy bakes especially on busy days, then this recipe comes to the rescue. Using 4 ingredients, mixed in one bowl, makes this one of my favourite easy recipes
When mixed, this dough is very soft. If you are baking the cookies on the same day then the dough needs to be refrigerated for a least 30 minutes.
Or place in the freezer for about 15 before shaping and cutting.
However you could just prepare the dough, and refrigerate it for up to 3 days before shaping and baking.
Decorate or frost as you prefer
This is a basic recipe and is absolutely amazing as is. It is also very versatile so here are a few delicious suggestions for you to try:
- Toss a few chocolate chips or cranberries into the dough
- Add in some grated orange rind.
- Dip the baked cookies in white or dark chocolate or use both.
- Sandwich the baked cookies with vanilla ice cream, keep them in the freezer. Serve as chocolate ice cream sandwiches
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the baked cookies.
How to make 4 ingredients Condensed Milk Chocolate Cookies
- Using an electric or hand-held beater start by creaming the butter until soft and pale ( about 2 minutes)
- Add the condensed milk and mix for one minute or until combined.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the butter mixture and mix until well combined. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or place in the freezer for about 15 before shaping and cutting.
- Roll the chilled dough between 2 sheets of wax or baking/ parchment paper. This ensures that the dough does not stick to the rolling pin. It also eliminates the need for the use of more flour, creating a softer bake.
- The rolled dough should be about 1cm thick.
- Cut out the dough using any shape cookie cutter you prefer.
- Bake the cookies for between 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave the cookies to cool on the baking sheet. Using a spatula, transfer the cookies to a wire cooling rack and cool completely before decorating as you prefer.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out my other amazing cookie and slice recipes
Still hungry for more?