This 4 Ingredient 90 second English Muffin tastes so good that you won’t even know that it is completely gluten-free,grain-free and contains just 5g of carbs per serving!
Especially if you are on a Ketogenic diet, gluten-free diet or just want to cut down on carbs, this makes the perfect substitute for bread and rolls.
I loooooove these English muffins, it is just so perfect for grabbing as a quick breakfast or snack. Topped with a poached egg, avocado or just with a spread of cottage or cream cheese, it tastes absolutely amazing. By the way, this is just the basic recipe. You can add other ingredients like chia or flaxseed, raisins or cranberries to the mix.
Can you believe that it takes 4 ingredients and just 90 seconds to create this deliciousness? Let me show you just how easy it is to make these muffins
Making the 4 ingredient 90 second English Muffin
Almond flour, butter, baking powder, and one egg are the only ingredients you need in this recipe.
I use a ramekin to make these muffins. They create the perfect shape for the English muffins. If you don’t have ramekins, then just use a mug, it works perfectly as well. Make sure that whatever you are using is microwave safe.
Start by melting the butter in the ramekin or mug. That should take about 20 seconds.
Add the almond flour, beaten egg and baking powder to the melted butter. Using a fork or whisk, mix well until the mixture is smooth. Place in the microwave oven and cook for 90 seconds on the high power setting
You are going to see the mixture rise over the rim of the ramekin as it cooks. Do not worry, it will not spill over because it firms up as it cooks.
Using a kitchen towel or oven mitts, remove the cooked English muffin from the microwave. Turn it out onto a plate, split in half and toast until golden brown on a heavy-based pan on the stove.
Serve warm with whatever topping or spread which you love.
A delicious breakfast or snack in under two minutes….absolutely perfect
4 Ingredient 90 second English Muffin
- 1 tablespoon / 14g butter
- ⅓ cup / 25g almond flour / meal
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- Start by melting the butter in a ramekin or mug
- Lightly beat the egg and add to the almond flour and baking powder.
- Pour the mixture into the ramekin with the melted butter
- Using a fork or whisk, mix well until smooth.
- Microwave on high power for 90 seconds SEE NOTE 1
- Using a kitchen towel or oven mitts, remove the cooked English muffin from the microwave. Turn it out onto a plate, split in half and toast until golden brown on a heavy based pan on the stove.