You are going to love this sweet and salty deliciousness with my no-bake 3 ingredient Chocolate Covered Crackers. Super quick and easy, this is the perfect anytime treat.
Quick and easy snacks are the best and this is my all-time favourite. Sandwiched with a delicious spread and coated in chocolate turns regular salted crackers into an impressive treat.
Any 1 of the following for the filling:
– Peanut butter — my favourite 🙂
– Marshmallow fluff
– Hazelnut Spread
– Chocolate spread
– Peanut butter and jelly/jam
VARIATIONS FOR TOPPING
These chocolate covered crackers can be made as simple or as elaborate as you prefer. You can just enjoy it sandwiched and covered with chocolate or top decoratively for an impressive edible gift. Here are a few great suggestions for you
– Cover with dark or white chocolate and drizzle with the alternate colour.
– Top with festive or colourful sprinkles
– Sprinkle with flaked sea salt
– Top with a light dusting of edible gold or silver dust
HOW TO MELT THE CHOCOLATE
Melting the chocolate properly is important so here are a few tips to ensure a silky smooth texture whether you choose to use your microwave or stovetop.
TO MELT THE CHOCOLATE ON THE STOVETOP
Roughly chop the chocolate into small pieces
Place a bowl that’s just big enough to sit on top of a pot of simmering water and add your chopped chocolate to the bowl. Make sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Keep the pot over low heat and stir the chocolate with a rubber spatula.
Stir chocolate occasionally as it softens. Do not allow any water to come into contact with the chocolate: You don’t want to risk any water finding its way into your bowl of chocolate. It will cause it to seize so you want to avoid water touching it.
TO MELT THE CHOCOLATE IN THE MICROWAVE
Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl and only microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each time.
Once the chocolate is almost melted with just a few lumps, don’t microwave it again just stir the chocolate until it is completely smooth. This will ensure that the chocolate does not burn.
MAKING THE CHOCOLATE COVERED CRACKERS
Cover with the remaining crackers and sandwich them together.
Melt chocolate in the microwave or on the stovetop. Once the chocolate is melted, use a fork to dip the sandwiched crackers into the chocolate to coat.
Shake off any excess and place onto a parchment/baking paper-lined tray. Allow the chocolate to set at room temperature or set in the refrigerator for 10 minutes before serving.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out my other amazing cookie and slice recipes
Still hungry for more?
3 ingredient Chocolate Covered Crackers
- 24 salted crackers any brand you prefer
- 9 ounces / 1 ½ cups / 250g chocolate melted
- ½ cup filling of your choice SEE NOTE 1
- MAKING THE CHOCOLATE COVERED CRACKERS
- Spread the filling onto the tops of 12 crackers.
- Cover with the remaining crackers and sandwich them together.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or on the stovetop. Once the chocolate is melted, use a fork to dip the sandwiched crackers into the chocolate to coat.
- Shake off any excess and place onto a parchment/baking paper-lined tray. Allow the chocolate to set at room temperature or set in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
Peanut butter --- my favourite 🙂
Peanut butter and jelly/jam