Quick and easy to make, these 3 ingredient cheese muffins are super soft and fluffy. Served with a spread of butter, these muffins really make tasty breakfast or snack.
I have made these muffins so many times these past few weeks, eating it as is or using it as a base recipe and adding ingredients like sweet bell peppers or chopped chives to change it up a bit. 'As is' or with 'add ins', these muffins taste amazing, soft on the inside and crispy golden on the outside.
HOW TO MAKE THE 3 INGREDIENT CHEESE MUFFINS
To make these muffins you will need the following ingredients
2 cups self-raising flour
2 cups of grated cheese
1 ½ cups of milk
These cheese muffins are so easy to make. Using just one bowl combine all three ingredients together.
Spoon into muffin cases
Bake for between 15 to 20 minutes until baked and crispy golden on the top.
These are some of my favorite ingredients which I love to use in these muffins:
You can add these and other ingredients of your choice to your muffins as well
Dried red chilli flakes
Chopped bell peppers
Sun Dried tomatoes
Dried Italian herbs
Freshly ground black pepper or cayenne pepper
So however you choose to serve these muffins, one things for sure, this is definitely one of the easiest, most customisable muffins EVER !
TRY SOME OF THESE OTHER DELICIOUS MUFFIN RECIPES
3 ingredient Cheese Muffins
- 2 cups / 240g self-raising flour SEE NOTE 1
- 2 cups / 226g grated cheese of your choice. I used cheddar in this recipe
- 1 ½ cups / 375ml milk
- Salt to taste
- Optional extras SEE NOTE 2
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F
- Combine flour, cheese and milk in a bowl
- Season to taste and add other ingredients of your choice to the mix SEE NOTE 2
- Spoon into muffin cases
- Bake for between 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through and golden and crisp on the top.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- To reheat, just microwave for 20 to 30 seconds or cut in half and warm on a pan on the stove.