Forget takeout tonight and try out this 20 Minute Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir Fry. It will make putting dinner on the table an absolute breeze. Healthy, One-pot and so full of flavour, this has won the number one spot for a weeknight dinner in my home.
20 Minute Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir Fry
This is really one of my favourite quick dinner recipes, From preparing to cooking, it was all done in 45 minutes. That is including the time I tidied up the kitchen and washed up the dishes.
I can honestly tell you something, this 20 minute Honey Garlic Prawns will have your family questioning whether you picked up this delicious dinner from a really expensive restaurant and decided to pass it off as your own creation.
Making the Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir Fry
Marinate the shrimp
Super easy to make, the shrimp is first marinated in a mix of honey, crushed garlic, soy sauce for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Just use ½ this marinade and keep the other ½ to pour over while the shrimp is cooking.
You can do this in advance if you like and marinate it earlier in the morning so that it will be ready for cooking just before dinner
Keep the marinating shrimp in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
Boil the noodles
Boil the noodles according to the package instructions Strain out the water and keep aside.
Cook the vegetables
Then on a pan or wok, cook your choice of veggies for stir-frying
My favourite mix is a combination of peas, sweet red bell pepper, green beans and onions.
Just quickly toss these veggies in the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
Add in the shrimp and noodles
Add in the marinated shrimp and cook for another 2 to 4 minutes until pink and cooked.
Pour the rest of the marinade over the shrimp.
There will be a bit of liquid in the pan, but do not worry because when you add the noodles in, it will absorb some of this liquid too.
The noodles are added in a minute after the marinade is poured over the shrimp.
Combine the noodles in the pan with the shrimp and vegetables.
Remove from the heat and sprinkle a few toasted sesame seeds if you prefer.
20 minutes, that is quicker than it will be for your takeout order to arrive…and sooooo much more delicious 😉
Still hungry for more?
20 minute Minute Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir Fry
- 3 oz / 85g noodles
- 2 cups / 500 ml boiling water
- ½ cup / 170 g / 125 ml honey
- ¼ cup / 125ml soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 Tablespoon / 15 ml oil
- 1 ½ cups / 250g frozen or fresh stir fry mix NOTE 1
- 1 pound / 400g large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds optional
- Season to taste NOTE 2
- Whisk together the honey, soy sauce, garlic and lemon.
- Add half of this mixture to the shrimp and let marinate for 10 to 15 minutes. NOTE 3
- Add the noodles to boiling water and cook on high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Strain the cooked noodles in a colander and keep aside.
- In a pan or wok add the oil. Toss in the vegetables and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat. Stir often to prevent burning.
- Add the marinated shrimp and cook for about 4 minutes. If the shrimp is large then cook for between 5 to 7 minutes. Cook until the shrimp turns pink about 2 minutes each side. Pour the remaining marinade over shrimp. NOTE 4
- Cook for 2 minutes and add cooked and strained noodles. Combine the noodles in the pan with the shrimp and vegetables.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle a few toasted sesame seeds if you prefer. NOTE 4