2 ingredient Nutella Fudge -Rich and decadent, but incredibly easy to make, this Nutella fudge requires just 2 ingredients.
Made without condensed milk, this amazing fudge is prepared within 5 minutes ready to devour in under 60 minutes. A soft melt in your mouth deliciousness that has all the makings for a quick and easy treat.
My cheats version which is far less complicated than traditional fudge means there is no need for a sugar thermometer, worrying about the right temperature or over-stirring.
This fudge made with just chocolate and Nutella is super simple, a recipe which even beginners can handle.
A one bowl mix, perfect for gifts, bake sales or just whip up a batch for your candy jar when you have a sweet treat craving.
What makes up 2 ingredient Nutella fudge
- Nutella or any other brand of hazelnut spread
- Chocolate chips or a bar of chopped chocolate
Melt the chocolate: You can melt the chocolate either on the stove top OR in the microwave:
Add in the Nutella: Stir the Nutella into the melted chocolate
Whisk to combine, then transfer the mixture to the lined baking pan
Refrigerate or freeze: Refrigerate until the fudge is firm
Slice into serving portions
How long does this fudge take to set?
This will depend on how you choose to set the fudge:
- In the freezer: approximately 25 minutes
- In the fridge: approximately 45 minutes
- At room temperature: approximately 60 minutes
How to store 2 ingredient Nutella fudge?
This fudge can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 – 3 weeks. The fudge has a high chocolate content and will become soft when left out at room temperature for too long.
Can other toppings be added to this fudge recipe?
Absolutely! Add a sprinkle of chopped assorted nuts, plain chopped cashews or almonds over the fudge before refrigerating. This will ensure that the toppings set nicely with the fudge.
Add colour and texture with chocolate buttons like m&m’s. Place these over the fudge before setting.
Drizzle dark or white chocolate over the fudge after it has set.
2 ingredient Nutella Fudge – without condensed milk
- ¾ cup (222g) Nutella see note 1
- 1 ½ cups (250g) chocolate chips see note 2
- Grease and line an 8 inch (20cm) square baking pan with baking/parchment paper. Allow an overhang of the baking paper for ease of removal.
- Melt the chocolate: The chocolate can be melted either on the stove top OR in the microwave see note 3
- Add in the Nutella: Remove the bowl of melted chocolate from the microwave or stovetop and add in the Nutella. Use a rubber spatula or whisk to combine the two ingredients.
- Once well combined, pour the mixture into the prepared lined baking pan.
- Tilt the pan to distribute the mixture evenly. Smooth out the surface by gently shaking the pan which will remove bubbles and ridges.
- Refrigerate or freeze: Refrigerate for about 40 minutes or until the fudge is firm see note 4
- Remove from refrigerator: Once the fudge has set, remove it from the freezer or fridge. Using the overhang of parchment paper gently lift out the set fudge and place it onto a board.
- Slice into serving portions: Dip a sharp knife into a glass of warm (not hot) water, wipe dry then slice the fudge into portion sizes you prefer. Repeat before cutting each slice. The knife should not be too hot, just warm or the chocolate will melt as you slice into the fudge.
- Substitute Nutella with any other Hazelnut spread brand. Ensure that it has the same creamy consistency to that of Nutella.
- Use a finely chopped bar of chocolate or chocolate disks as an alternative to the chocolate chips. With these alternatives, I strongly suggest using a kitchen scale as opposed to cup measurements to weigh out your chopped chocolate or disks. The gram weight measurement should be the same as that of the chocolate chips.
- Stovetop instructions: Place a dry bowl that’s just big enough to sit on top of a pot of simmering water and add your chocolate chips into the bowl. Make sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Keep the pot over low heat and stir the chocolate with a rubber spatula. Stir chocolate occasionally as it softens. Do not allow any water to come into contact with the chocolate: You don’t want to risk any water finding its way into your bowl of chocolate. It will cause it to seize making the chocolate unusable. Microwave instructions: Place chocolate in a dry heatproof bowl and only microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each time until the chocolate is smooth. Ensure that that the utensils you are using are always dry.
- You could also place the baking tin in the freezer for about 15 to 20 minutes. This will speed up the time the fudge takes to set.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out my other amazing cake recipes
Still hungry for more?