These Condensed Milk Fudge Topped Brownies are Rich and decadent AND super easy to make. Mixed in one bowl and topped with condensed milk and chocolate frosting makes this a quick and delicious dessert.
If you are in the mood for chocolate ( me…EVERYDAY!!!) then this recipe definitely does not disappoint. Rich, chocolatey, decadence, with a firm fudge frosting. I can guarantee that these brownies will satisfy your craving.
You are going to love this recipe because…
The ingredients are all mixed into one bowl so Less washing up 🙂
Uses basic ingredients
You do not have to wait for the brownies to cool before frosting because The frosting is spread onto the brownies while still hot. Means that you can faceplant into the deliciousness sooner 🙂
And the most important and best…It has chocolate…lots of it!!!
Add stuff to your brownies
These brownies are out of this world delicious and you can enjoy it as is.
However, there are suggestions for a few fillings and toppings if you would like to give it a try.
- Stir ¼ cup chopped nuts or chocolate chips into the batter.
- After baking and frosting, top with a mixture of chopped or nuts.
- Add a bit of colour and fun to your brownies by topping with M&Ms or Smarties.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.
Can I bake these brownies without eggs?
With regard to this recipe, yes, these brownies can definitely be baked without eggs.
Buttermilk is a great substitute for the eggs in the brownies.
If you do not have buttermilk, then just add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice or vinegar to ½ cup ( 125ml) milk. Allow standing for 5 minutes before adding to the recipe in place of eggs or buttermilk.
Making the Condensed Milk Fudge Topped Brownies
The brownie base
This is a really easy recipe where all the brownie base ingredients are mixed together in one bowl. No special equipment is needed, just a bowl and a whisk are sufficient to combine the ingredients.
Spread the batter into a greased and lined pan. Allow the baking paper to hang over the pan. This will make it easier to lift out of the pan after baking.
Bake in a preheated oven of 320°F / 160°C for between 25 and 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and spread the prepared frosting over the hot brownies.
The frosting should be allowed to set for about 10 minutes before slicing.
The fudge frosting
Make the topping while the brownies are baking.
Add the condensed milk and chocolate to a pot and melt on low heat. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking and burning. Remove from the heat. This mixture thickens to a soft fudge-like consistency as it cools.
Spread the topping onto the brownies as soon as you remove it from the oven.
Allow the frosting to set for about 10 minutes before slicing.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out my other amazing dessert recipes
Still hungry for more?
Condensed Milk Fudge Topped Brownies
FOR THE BROWNIES
- 1 cup / 227g butter melted
- ¾ cup / 170g brown or white sugar
- 1 cup / 120g all purpose / cake flour
- ¾ cup / 75g cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup / 125ml buttermilk OR 2 eggs SEE NOTE 1
- ½ cup / 125ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped nuts or chocolate chips optional
FOR THE FUDGE FROSTING
- ½ can/ 7 oz / 198g / sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup / 175g chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
TO MAKE THE BROWNIES
- Combine the melted butter, sugar, flour, cocoa powder, milk vanilla extract in a bowl
- Add in eggs or buttermilk and mix well using a whisk or fork. SEE NOTE 1
- Stir in the nuts or chocolate chips if using ( optional )
- Transfer the mixture to a greased and lined 8 inch / 20cm square pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 320°F / 160°C for 25 to 30 minutes, until the brownies, begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the oven and spread the prepared fudge frosting over the hot brownies.
- the frosting should be allowed to set for about 10 minutes before slicing.
TO MAKE THE FUDGE FROSTING
- Make the frosting while the brownies are baking.
- Add the condensed milk and chocolate to a pot and melt on low heat. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking and burning. Remove from the heat. This mixture thickens to a soft fudge-like consistency as it cools.
- spread the topping onto the brownies as soon as you remove it from the oven.
- Allow the frosting to set for about 10 minutes before slicing.