Yeast free and no knead, this 3 ingredient Garlic Breadsticks is one of my easiest and quickest bread type recipes ever. These are perfect for dipping in a roasted tomato sauce, cream cheese or even soup, this versatile bread sticks are prepared and baked in under 30 minutes.
If you are looking for a yeast free, super easy bread sticks, I have you covered with this great recipe. These mini garlic bread sticks make such a delicious addition to the table, served as part of an appetizer or main meal, there is no denying that they easy and are soooo cute too.
Baked to a soft inside and crisp, crackly outside, the ease and great taste of this recipe still amazes me every time I bake these breadsticks.
Don’t just stop at garlic butter….
Garlic butter is just one of the delicious ways used to flavour these breadsticks, but there are so many other great ways as well.
Try these other variations for delicious tasting breadsticks :
- Top with grated parmesan or cheddar cheese
- Brush with herb butter before baking
- Fill with a stick of cheese before shaping.
- Top with sesame,poppy or any seeds of your choice….the variations and versatility of these breadsticks are endless.
MAKING THE 3 INGREDIENT GARLIC BREADSTICKS
Easy to make, just mix together 1 ½ cups ( 180g) self-raising flour and ¾ cup ( 200ml ) plain unflavored yoghurt or buttermilk. Mix to form a soft dough
Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces.
Then divide each of the 8 pieces in half to form 16 pieces of dough.
Form each piece of dough into a long breadstick. Approximately 4 inches / 10 cm long.
Brush with garlic butter and bake in a preheated oven of 356°F / 180°C for 12 to 15 minutes or until the breadsticks are lightly browned.
Remove from the oven and brush again with the melted garlic butter. Covering the bread sticks with a kitchen towel immediately after baking will help keep it soft.
You can use store bought or homemade garlic butter. It is also very easy to make your own garlic butter. In a pan just melt 50g salted butter over medium heat and add 1 clove grated or crushed garlic, ¼ teaspoon dried mixed or Italian herbs and ground black pepper to the melted butter.
So go ahead and fill or top with your favorite butter, herbs or cheese, and however you choose to serve these breadsticks, I know that you are going to love them too!
3 ingredient Garlic Breadsticks
- 1 ½ cups / 180g self raising flour SEE NOTE 1
- ¾ cup / 200ml plain unflavored yoghurt or buttermilk
- Salted garlic butter store bought or homemade SEE NOTE 2
- Mix together self raising flour and plain unflavoured yoghurt or buttermilk. Mix to form a soft dough
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces.
- Then divide each of the 8 pieces in half to form 16 pieces of dough.
- Form each piece of dough into a long breadstick. Approximately 4 inches / 10 cm long.
- Brush with garlic butter and bake in a preheated oven of 356°F / 180°C for 12 to 15 minutes or until the breadsticks are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and brush again with the melted garlic butter. Covering the breadsticks with a kitchen towel immediately after baking will help keep it soft.
- Serve warm.