Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Sneak in one of these Apple Cinnamon Muffins into the kids or your lunch box for a delicious tea time snack.Filled with chunky apple pieces, flavored with cinnamon and topped with a crunchy oat streusel, these make a pretty good breakfast too, don't you think
Servings: 12 Muffins
FOR THE STREUSEL:
- 1/3 cup / 43 g all purpose/ cake flour
- 1 tablespoon oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons / 25g brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons / 28g cold butter
- 1 ½ cups / 180g all purpose / cake flour
- 2 tablespoons / 18g cornflour /cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons maple / golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup / 66g brown sugar
- 1 cup / about 3 small apples peeled, cored and chopped
TO MAKE THE GLAZE ( OPTIONAL)
- ¼ cup powdered / icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple / golden syrup
- ¼ teaspoon boiling water
TO MAKE THE MUFFINS:
Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
Whisk together all wet ingredients in a jug, mix until the sugar is dissolved.
Fold the wet into the dry ingredients just until combined, do not overmix .
Fold in the apple chunks.
Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups
Sprinkle over with ½ to 1 teaspoon of the cold streusel.
Bake in a preheated oven of 350°F/180°C for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin pan and cooling on the rack completely.
Drizzle with glaze ( optional)
FOR THE GLAZE ( optional )
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg