Honey Mustard Roast Chicken with Potatoes and Onions
Easy and quick to prepare Honey Mustard Roast Chicken with Potatoes and Onions make the perfect midweek dinner
- 8 pieces of chicken, mixed portions about ½ kg / 1 pound SEE NOTE 1
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons dijon mustard SEE NOTE 2
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder / dried chilli flakes optional
- 4 medium potatoes cut into quarters
- 1 medium onion, cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon 5ml Olive /sunflower or canola oil
Preheat oven to 375°F / 180° C
Sprinkle chicken pieces, potatoes and onions with salt and pepper.
Place in a deep ovenproof baking dish or heavy based pan such as cast iron.
In a small bowl combine mustard, honey, oil, dried mixed herbs chilli powder / chilli flakes to form a paste. Spread over chicken pieces,potatoes and onion, covering them completely.
Bake covered with foil for about 25 minutes.
Remove foil and bake uncovered for a further 10 - 15, stirring potatoes once
Roast until the chicken and potatoes are cooked
Remove from oven and serve warm with a salad and crusty bread if preferred.
- I use mixed chicken portions in this recipe because everybody has their favorite piece, but you can use portions you prefer.
- If you do not have Dijon mustard, go ahead and use mustard sauce instead. It is a quick and easy substitute and tastes just as good.
Serving: 0gCarbohydrates: 0gProtein: 0gFat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0gMonounsaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgPotassium: 0mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gCalcium: 0mgIron: 0mg
Let me know how it was in the comments below