Stove Top Vegetable Lasagna
Quick and easy to make in just 30 minutes, Stove Top Vegetable Lasagna is a one pot dinner that is hearty and comforting.
- 15 ml / 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 small yellow or red onion diced
- 1 small red bell pepper seeds removed and diced
- 1 small green pepper seeds removed and diced
- 4 cooked and sliced sausages of your choice I used vegetarian sausage
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 8 /10 uncooked lasagna sheets/ noodles
- 1 x 400g jar pasta sauce
- 1 x 410g can diced tomatoes
- salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup ricotta / cottage or cream cheese
- fresh mozzarella thinly sliced ( optional)
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for topping
In a large heavy based frying pan / skillet heat the oil.
Add onion, pepper, cooked and sliced sausage, and mushrooms, and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Add in the garlic, dried mixed herbs.
Break the lasagna sheets / noodles into large pieces and place them over the cooked vegetables and sausage.
Pour the pasta sauce and tomatoes over the sheets/noodles
Ensure that all the lasagna sheets/ noodles are covered with the sauce.
Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
Reduce heat to low/medium and cover the pan with a lid.
Cook for 20 minutes or until lasagna sheets / noodles softened. You can just poke around the edge of the pan with a fork to check if it has softened and cooked through.
Remove the lid and gently stir in the cream cheese. Just stir into the top tomato level. Do not disturb the lasagna sheets / noodles.
Place mozarella ( if using )on the top and close the pan to allow the cheese to melt a bit. After about 2 minutes, remove the lid and garnish with parmesan and fresh basil.
Remove from the stove and allow to set in the pan for about 10 minutes before serving.
Let me know how it was in the comments below