2 ingredient Ice Cream Bread
This 2 ingredient Ice Cream Bread is an incredibly quick and easy bake. Serve glazed or dusted with powdered sugar for dessert or with a spread of butter for breakfast. A super easy and versatile recipe.
Servings: 1 loaf
- 2 ½ cups / 370g ice cream softened SEE NOTE 1
- 1 ½ cups / 187g self raising flour SEE NOTE 2
Add softened ice cream to the flour, a little at a time and mix until just combined.
If you are adding any peanuts or chocolate chips, then just gently fold it into the batter.
Spread the batter evenly into a greased and lined 9x5-inch / 23 x 13 cm loaf pan SEE NOTE 3
Bake at 320°F /160°C for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick/skewer inserted comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and transfer the baked loaf to a cooling rack.
Drizzle with a glaze or dust with sifted powdered/icing sugar if you prefer.
- Do not use the ice cream while it is frozen. Allow it to soften for about 15 minutes before adding the flour. This makes it easier to combine and overmixing is avoided. You want the ice cream to be cold but soft, so don't microwave it as it will be warm.
- It is important to use self-raising flour in this recipe to ensure that the bread rises. If you do not have self-raising flour, then just make your own. To make self-raising flour for this recipe, add 2 teaspoons of baking powder and a ½ teaspoon of salt to 1½ cups ( 187g) of all-purpose /cake flour. Whisk the baking powder and salt to distribute evenly through the flour.
- Use any shape baking pan you prefer and bake accordingly. For instance, if you are going to use a muffin tin, then just bake for between 12 to 15 minutes.