Easy Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
These Easy Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins make the perfect breakfast. Easy, super soft and fluffy, this is an incredibly delicious bake.
Servings: 12 Muffins
FOR THE MUFFINS
- 3 cups / 240g all purpose / cake flour
- ¼ cup / 50g sugar SEE NOTE 1
- 3 teaspoons / 12g baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons / 26g poppy seeds
- ½ teaspoon baking soda / bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup / 180ml milk
- Zest of 1 lemon about 2 teaspoons
- ¼ cup / 60ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup / 225g butter melted
FOR THE GLAZE ( OPTIONAL)
- ¾ cup / 94g powdered / icing sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons / 7 ml milk
FOR THE MUFFINS
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder ,sugar, poppy seeds, baking soda / bicarbonate of soda and salt. ( Dry ingredients)
In a separate bowl combine the milk, lemon zest and juice and eggs until smooth.( Wet ingredients )
Fold the wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined and then fold in butter. Do not overmix. Overmixing will result in dry muffins.
Divide the batter between the muffin cups and bake in a preheated oven of 356°/180°C for about 15 to 18 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack before adding the glaze
- In this recipe, I just added a ¼ cup ( 50g) of sugar because I am not a fan of overly sweet breakfast muffins. However if your preference is towards a sweeter muffin then you can add up to ¾ cup (150g) of sugar to the recipe.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg