Easy Banana Fritters
Made in under 20 minutes these Easy Banana Fritters make the perfect snack or dessert. Super soft and fluffy on the inside and crispy golden brown on the outside make these irresistible bites of deliciousness.
Servings: 15 -20 fritters
FOR THE BANANA FRITTERS
- 1 cup all purpose or cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- ⅓ cup brown or white granulated sugar
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- Vegetable oil, canola or sunflower oil for frying
FOR THE CINNAMON SUGAR
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
TO MAKE THE BANANA FRITTERS
Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the sugar and mix in the mashed bananas to form a sticky batter.
Heat oil, to 356F /180°C in a deep fryer or heavy bottomed pan See note 1
When hot, drop in teaspoonfuls of the batter and fry until golden brown about one minute on each side. See note 2
Remove the fritters from the oil and drain on kitchen paper. Roll the fritters in the cinnamon sugar mixture before serving.
TO MAKE THE CINNAMON SUGAR.
- This cooking method involves submerging food into very hot oil to cook. The oil instantaneously cooks the outer layer of the food, sealing off the center. This typically results in a crispy exterior and soft interior. Always be careful when cooking with hot oil. You do not want the oil to splash and cause burns.
- The oil should be at the correct temperature before frying. Too hot and it will burn the fritters and too cold you will end up will soggy, oily fritters. To test if the oil is at the right temperature, drop one teaspoonful of the batter into the oil. Cook for about a minute on each side. When you remove it from the oil, allow it to cool for a few seconds before breaking the fritter in half. It should have a soft, bread like texture on the inside and golden brown on the outside.
Serving: 1fritter | Calories: 83kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 99mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg