Easy 10 minute Pizza Dough ( No Rise No Knead)
This Easy 10 minute Pizza Dough ( No Rise No-Knead) is so quick to prepare, making it perfect for a busy weekday dinner
Servings: 2 12 inch / 30cm pizza
FOR THE PIZZA DOUGH
- 1 Tablespoon / 10g instant dry / fast acting yeast
- 1 Tablespoon / 12g sugar
- 1 1/2 cups / 375 ml warm water 110°F / 32°C
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons / 30ml oil
- 4 cups / 480g all purpose / cake flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cornmeal / polenta or semolina for dusting baking trays.
FOR THE PIZZA SAUCE
- 2 teaspoons / 10 ml oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small red or green bell pepper diced
- 1 can diced or pureed tomatoes or 3 tomatoes peeled and finely chopped or blended until smooth
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs use your favourite mix SEE NOTE 1
- Salt to taste
MAKING THE PIZZA DOUGH
Start by warming the water in the microwave or kettle. It should not be boiling, just lukewarm. ( 110°F / 32°C) Add the oil into the warm water and mix together.
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the warm water and oil mixture.
Using a spoon or your hands, just mix together, to form a soft dough. Do not knead the dough, just gather it together until it is well combined and soft.
Leave covered to rest for 10 minutes. During this time, prepare the toppings and sauce for the pizza
After 10 minutes, divide the dough in half and roll out each piece to about 12 inches / 30 cm diameter with a ½ inch / 1 ½ cm thickness. Make a tiny fold on the edge and pinch it down.
Spread with a sauce and toppings of your choice or use the sauce in this recipe
Bake in a preheated oven of 374°F / 190° C 10 to 15 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese has melted.
MAKING THE PIZZA SAUCE
Pour the oil into a small saucepan and turn the stove on to medium heat. Add in the diced onions and chopped bell pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, and then add in the rest of the pizza sauce ingredients. Let this mix simmer on the stove for 10 minutes until reduced and thickened. Spread over pressed pizza dough and add grated cheese and toppings of your choice.
- Use any combination of dried or fresh herbs of your choice. Herbs which work well with pizza include dried or fresh basil, oregano, chives, garlic, rosemary and thyme.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg